Re: Please Help

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19286] Re: [mg19288] Please Help
  • From: Maarten.vanderBurgt at
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 01:45:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Have a look at
The package Corruption.m described there has helped me out several times.

Maarten van der Burgt

"schatzi" <antoine.zahnd at> on 13-08-99 04:34:45 AM

Subject: [mg19286]  [mg19288] Please Help

Please Help !!!

It happened already several months ago, and I have almost forgotten how
awful it was ...

When I try to open a notebook (which was quite fine up to now) then
from a cell to the end, the cells appear in a sort of FullForm:

    \(\(realQ::usage = \n\t

      "\<  realQ[Q_QuotFract] is True iff Q is the development of a real \

quadratic number.\n

          realQ[e_?QelemQ] is True iff e is a real quadratic number.\>";

When it happened the first time, I had the notebook in mind and as it was
not too long,
I rewrite it.

Now it is a 36k notebook I wrote several weeks ago with a lot of procedures
I would prefer not to rewrite.  Moreover the notebook is to generate a
itself needed by others notebooks. (I am so sad)

Does the description of my problem sounds familiar to somebody?

Is it possible to "recover" the notebook? (please say YES)

Waiting for your help.

Antoine Zahnd.