Re: Simple? 3D Plotting Problems

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg19291] Re: Simple? 3D Plotting Problems
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 01:45:15 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

data = Table[Random[Real, {.5, 2.5}], {6}, {5}];

ListPlot3D[data, MeshRange -> {{0.05 , 3.0}, {0.05 , 3.0}},
  PlotRange -> {0, 3}]

You can track down this sort of thing in the HelpBrowser
1) Look up ListPlot3D: find that ListPlot3D has the same options as
2) Look up SurfaceGraphics: find (editted)
MeshRange   Automatic  the required range of x and y coordinates for the
3) Look up MeshRange: find
MeshRange -> {{xmin,xmax},{ymin,ymax}} specifies ranges in x and y....

The Help Browser really is helpful!

Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK