Re: Win32 MathLink .exe from Matheamtica 3 on a Mac

>In article <7or61l$15o at smc.vnet.net>, "Andrew Cunningham"
<andrewc at vasci.com> writes:
..
>>- I run the Mathlink .exe on the PC. A dialog box comes up asking for
the
>>link , I type "5000" so that I assume it creates a link on TCP port
5000.

No. it isn't. When you use the dialog to set the link name for PC, its
link protocol
 is FileMap. Even you set a number, it is not a TCP port number. Also,
you did same way
on Mac, it was a AppleTalk port name, not a TCP port.

My suggestion for your use,

1) Build the MathLink program as a command line interface, not a Window
  interface on PC.

2) Run it from your DOS window,
  % yourprog -linkname 3000 -linkprotocol TCP -linkmode listen

3) Then connect it from the Mac,
   LinkOpen["3000 at PC's_IP", LinkMode->Connect, LinkProtocol->"TCP"]