Re: Help with Percentile formula !!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19402] Re: Help with Percentile formula !!
- From: rfinley at netdoor.com (Richard Finley)
- Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 13:57:15 -0400
- Organization: Internet Doorway, Inc. -- http://www.netdoor.com/
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Mike, values of what? Percentiles have to be with respect to something. For example, 50 is 50% of 100 but it is 25% of 200. In general, to get the percentile of "a" with respect to "b" you use: (a/b)*100% ...so as in the previous example a = 25, b=200 and (a/b)*100% = (25/200)*100% = 25% Hope that helps you, RF News1 wrote in message <7pl8eg$cmr at smc.vnet.net>... >Does anyone know the formula to work out percentiles given a list of values. > >Cheers > >Mike Brydon >mike.brydon at risk-reporting.com > > > >