Re: Any examples of FEA in Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19434] Re: Any examples of FEA in Mathematica?
- From: David Annetts <dannetts at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au>
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:29:30 -0400
- Organization: CRCAMET/Macquarie University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> I am looking for examples of doing Finite Element Analysis or maybe even
> direct numerical solving of PDE in Mathematica, preferably in
> electromagnetics, say Laplace equation on a irregular shaped polygon.
There are at least two explicit uses of FEA in Mathematica. At least two are on WRI's
web site. The first is an example from civil engineering and lives on
MathSource. It's quite old.
The second is from one of the last two Mathematica developers conferences. The paper
given by Purcell describes using FEA in conjunction with Mathematica in an application
of sonar transducer design.
Good luck with your EM application in Mathematica.
David Annetts _____________
http://www.ocs.mq.edu.au/~dannetts/ |C R C A M E T|
CRC for Australian Mineral |````` \ |
Exploration Technologies |`````/$\ |
Earth & Planetary Sciences |````/$$$\____|
Macquarie University, NSW 2109 |```/$$$/.....|
phone: +(1-61-2) 9850 9280, fax (1-61-2) 9850 8366 -------------
Prev by Date:
Mathematica on linux help and Mathematica returns wrong integral result
Next by Date:
how long is a long evaluation?
Previous by thread:
RE:Any examples of FEA in Mathematica?
Next by thread:
Re: response to Simulation