Functions not recognised

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg19499] Functions not recognised
  • From: Peter GRUBER <Peter.Gruber at cern.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:53:19 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a tricky problem:

I have added a function to an existing package (*.m) and set it as an
initialization cell. I saved this new package as *.m and used it in
another notebook (<< *.m). Now mathematica does not recognize the new
function. When I evaluate the new function Mathematica just repeats the
input. If I put the new function in the notebook, and evaluate it, it
works -- but I want the new function to be in the package.

At another occasion, Mathematica did not even recognize ANY of the old
functions in the package any more.

I use Mathematica 3.0 on Win 95.

sincerly
Peter Gruber