- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg19520] Numbers problem
- From: Mecit Yaman <mecit at iname.com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:39 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there, I am trying to solve a problem with Mathematica. You have numbers from 1 to n all numbers twice , namely. 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 for example for n=5 I am trying to sort the numbers o that between two 'n's there must be exactly n numbers. For example if n=3 the solution is 2 3 1 2 1 3 . You see there is 1 number between 1 and 1. and 2 numbers between 2 and 2, and 3 between 3's. I know this forum is not for asking problems. But i am learning Mathematica and wanna see how professionals solve a real problem with Mathematica. Thank you very much for giving me a chance to ask my question. Best wishes to everyone.