Mathematica and Topology.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20965] Mathematica and Topology.
  • From: "J Nambia" <nambia at usa.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:50:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am currently considering buying Mathematica for Students 4.0 to tackle a
specific problem: calculating connectivity trees for large graphs, given a
connectivity matrix of that graph. (I am an economics student, not a
mathematician, so please forgive mistakes of a terminology nature...)

I was wondering if anyone had any advice or, even better, if anybody out
there has done something similair (or heard about how someone else did it).

In actual fact I plan to investigate how the topological configuration of
inner Milan (Italy) affects commerce and see if the facts bourne out by  the
"Space Syntax" theory of urban development.

Any input gladly accepted; answers on the newsgroup or by email.

J Nambia