Re: (A)/Periodic convex tilings (or near-tilings) of

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg20921] Re: [mg20907] (A)/Periodic convex tilings (or near-tilings) of
  • From: "Arturas Acus" <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:49:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

[Oddly, Schur is distributed by my company. See http://smc.vnet.net/schur.html
 Wybourne and I have discussed making a Mathematica version of this program,
 but have not yet done so. If there is enough interest, we might move
 more quickly. --- Steve Christensen, Moderator]

For real computations on Lie algebras and
groups I know only one serious program, written
by professor Wybourne:

http://www.phys.uni.torun.pl/~bgw/schur.html

It's name "SCHUR" and it is written in
C.

Also here  You can find a number of lectures on
group theory and symmetry in general. And most
important: they are very well written.

I also strongly suggest WRI R&D staff take a look
at this programm.
I would be very happy if one day this program
become as Mahematica add-on or a part of third party
applications library.

Dr. Arturas Acus
Institute of Theoretical
Physics and Astronomy