Inheritance of $NotebookPath?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21134] Inheritance of $NotebookPath?
  • From: Philip C Mendelsohn <mend0070 at tc.umn.edu> (Philip C Mendelsohn)
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:21:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I hope this is a simple question.

When I start Mathematica (v4.0, Linux[Mandrake 6]) and I go to open a saved Notebook,
it always defaults to my home directory.

I have tried changing Global $NotebookDirectory and $NotebookPath in the Option
Inspector, but whenever I reboot, I still get my home directory.  (I want ~/math/,
a subdirectory.)

Am I missing something really simple, he asked hopefully.

Thanks.

(cc: replies to e-mail would be appreciated, due to a really slow news server.)

--
Life is complex:
It has real and imaginary components.