Re: (Newbie) Applying colors to surface plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21142] Re: (Newbie) Applying colors to surface plots
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:21:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Fedder,
I am assuming that you want to give the objects solid colors with no
shading.
I wonder if the following will help.

gr1 = ParametricPlot3D[ {x, y , 0, Hue[0]},
    {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2}, PlotPoints -> 3,
    Lighting -> False]

gr2 = ParametricPlot3D[ {0, x, y, Hue[.7]},
    {x, -2, 2}, {y, -2, 2}, PlotPoints -> 3,
    Lighting -> False]

Show[gr1, gr2]

If you want to mix such solidly colored objects with ones shaded by
lighting, then that is altogether more difficult.

Allan
Allan Hayes
Mathematica Training and Consulting
Leicester UK