Re: help - saving an eps file for latex

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21214] Re: help - saving an eps file for latex
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 01:29:13 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have repeatedly had a similar problem with Mathematica figures (put
into .eps files with Export[..., ..., "EPSTIFF"]) when using Y&Y TeX's
printing function (DVIPSONE} on a PC.  This happened even though I
explicitly changed the font in the Mathematica Plot statement to Times
via the option:

  TextStyle -> {FontFamily -> "Times"}

(I was using the MathTime + Times Type 1 fonts with Y&Y TeX.)

There were no symbols labelling axes, the plot, etc, except for ordinary
letters of the alphabet.

Is there perhaps some symbol that forms axes or tic marks that comes
from one of the Mathematica fonts?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.       phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Univ. of Massachusetts                     413 545-2859 (W)
Amherst, MA 01003-4515