Q: Conjugate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21265] Q: Conjugate
  • From: Mark L Storch <mscc+ at andrew.cmu.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:28:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
    I am using the PseudoInverse[] function to try to get some analytic
expressions for the solution to a relatively complex system of
equations.  The mechanics of it works fine the problem that I run into
is in the output.  I have a matrix equation of the form A.B=C and I I
can solve for B by premultiplying both sides by the inverse of A (in
this case the pseudoInverse).  My problem is that all of the elements of
A are simply numbers and the PseudoInverse returns an expression that
has a lot of Conjugate[] terms in it.  Is there any way to force
Mathematica to recognize that Conjugate[x] is simply x for all the terms
other than setting a replacement rule for each term individually?

Thank you,
Mark Storch