Re: Problems with NotebookOpen in Mathematica 4. on WindowsNT

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21225] Re: Problems with NotebookOpen in Mathematica 4. on WindowsNT
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 02:27:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <83afsp$r0t at smc.vnet.net>, tanguy Risset <Tanguy.Risset at irisa.fr> writes:

>I have a hierarchy of Notebooks which call each others by the command:
>NotebookOpen["notebookName.nb"]
>This worked correctly with Mathematica version 3. on any plateform.
>I installed the version 4. on WindowsNT,
>surprisingly, the command always answer $Failed and does nothing.
>I can open the notebook by the menu (File->open) and execute them,
>but I cannot use the command NotebookOpen. I tried to scan the news for
>that problem, but I  didn't find anything. Do you have any solution to my
>problem ?

Try giving the front end a clue about what directory its supposed
to look in.

NotebookOpen[
  FrontEnd`FileName[{Directory[]}, "notebookName.nb"]
]

The use of Directory[] states that the path should be expanded out
to the directory where the evaluation notebook resides.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.