Re: volatility and greek values for financial options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg21358] Re: volatility and greek values for financial options
  • From: ERIC SPAHR <espahr at home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:15:44 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have not used Finance Essentials so I don't know how that package can
be modified to what you want.  The Whaley quadratic approximation just
estimates the difference between american and european option prices
using Black Scholes and then solves.  For a huge Mathematica
presentation on options see the William Shaw book Modelling Financial
Derivatives, particularly the chapter on Analytical Americans.