Re: Crystal.m package

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15793] Re: Crystal.m package
  • From: dreissBLOOP at (David Reiss)
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 02:04:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <79e9g2$9g9 at>, Ken Vo <kvo2 at> wrote:

> Hello there,
> I am in search of a mathematica package by the name of Crystal.m.  I
> appreciate any shareable information that you might have regarding this
> package.
> Ken Vo
> k_vo at

The following two MathSource items might be what  you are looking for:
though a search of MathSource  for Chrystal.m did not turn up any

1. Gallium Arsenide Crystal Graphics

Renders the GaAs(110) surface within Mathematica. It  is similar to the
CrystalStructure.m package, which is a  representation of the diamond
lattice. These packages were  partly inspired by the clarity with which
CrystalStructure.m renders the diamond lattice, when the final output
is  generated PostScript, and the desire to rotate the crystal
structure and view it from different angles to look  for symmetry
planes, etc. Basically these models are alternatives to ball-and-stick
type models.

2. Crystal Structure Graphics

Produces a nice picture of the crystal structure of diamond.

However,  a search of Lycos turns up the following:

which, I suspect, is exactly what you are looking for.

Scientific Arts:
Creative Services and Consultation
for the Applied and Pure Sciences

David Reiss