- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15823] FindMinimum
- From: "Hossein Kazemi" <kazemi at javanet.com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 03:25:47 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have an expression that involves the Sign function. For example,
I need to find the minimum of this function. Since the symbolic
derivatives with respect to x and y do not exist, I have to use
But this does not restrict Mathematica not look outside (-1,1) range for
where (1 - x^2 - y^2) will not be real.
Is there anyway to find the minimum of a function when symbolic
the function do not exist and values outside a range should not be used.
kazemi at som.umass.edi
Prev by Date:
Re: I am looking for code to READ DXF files in Mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Using Mathem.. to learn calculus? or Statistics?
Previous by thread:
Experimental Data Analyst
Next by thread: