Re: Q: Why can't I stop TraditionalForm dismissing Times Attributes ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15814] Re: Q: Why can't I stop TraditionalForm dismissing Times Attributes ?
- From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 03:25:41 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Western Australia
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Fabien Boniver wrote: > In order to do some formal computations, I need Plus and Times not to be > Listable. Instead of modifying Plus and Times (which can be problematic) why not program the infix symbols CircleTimes and CirclePlus to do what you want? In:= CirclePlus[a_, b_] := f[a, b] In:= CircleTimes[a_, b_] := g[a, b] where f and g can be any function you want. They have no built-in attributes and have TraditionalForm input and output so you should be able to easily program them. Cheers, Paul ____________________________________________________________________ Paul Abbott Phone: +61-8-9380-2734 Department of Physics Fax: +61-8-9380-1014 The University of Western Australia Nedlands WA 6907 mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au AUSTRALIA http://www.physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul God IS a weakly left-handed dice player ____________________________________________________________________