tweaking log plots

Hi,

I am trying to tweak the output of LogListPlot, and I wonder if anyone
can help...

Specifically, the numerical values that appear on the logarithmically
scaled axes are displayed in the format: 1. \times 10^{-10}  - what I
want to know is whether it is possible to suppress the "1. \times"
part, since it adds nothing and leads to the graph itself being
excessively "scrunched up".

I don't want to be overly fussy here, but the figures I am making will
be fairly small when they are printed, and the current format will make
the graphs harder to "read" than I would like.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Richard

PS For example, see the y-axis on:
LogListPlot[Table[{i,10^(-i)},{i,1,30}]]