SigProc 2.9.5 with Mathematica 3.0.x

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15951] SigProc 2.9.5 with Mathematica 3.0.x
  • From: "edx at cc.usu.edu"@cc.usu.edu
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:34:11 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

From: edx at cc.usu.edu
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I'm using the SigProc 2.9.5 notebook, and seem to be
having a little problem under Mathematica 3.0, particularly
with the Convolution methods.

For example, when this simple expression is evaluated, it
falls over with an error:

>  longconv=DTPiecewiseConvolution[Step[n],Exp[-n] Step[n],n]
>     "Support module has been loaded."
>     "The knowledge base of signal processing operators has been loaded."
>     "Piecewise convolution rules have been loaded."
>
>      SymbolicSum::"obslt":
>      "All SymbolicSum functionality is now autoloaded.  The package
>       Algebra`SymbolicSum` is obsolete."
>
>      Needs::"nocont":
>     "Context \!\(\"Algebra`SymbolicSum`\"\) was not created when Needs was
>      evaluated."

Evidently, there is no "Algegra/SymbolicSum" in version 3.0.

Has anyone modified this package (I believe the actual error is located
in the "Support/Convolution.m" package) to work with Mathematica 3.0?

Can anyone make suggestions how I might modify this package to work
with Mathematica 3.0?

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

edx at cc.usu.edu