Figure legend & Overlapping text pb
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15948] Figure legend & Overlapping text pb
- From: Dan Truong <dtruong at irisa.fr>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:34:10 -0500
- Organization: IRISA, FRANCE
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
* For listplots of different colors/styles on 2D or 3D plots, how can we add a legend stating which curve represents what? On 3D plots I've thought of adding cuboids, and adding text near each one. However, this is non-trivial (positioning, designing...) Currently I've drawn an extra figure with the legend in the Z tick marks, but it's not very nice an approach. * When adding title and axis titles, those often overlap on tick marks or over each other. Can we prevent that? This is especially true for PS or GIF files, where the resolution seems quite low (huge text, and very coarse gridlines drawing)... I'll put a sample eps file to show what I mean in my next mail...