- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg15968] Re: MyPrependTo
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 03:26:55 -0500
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
the strange stuff is due to your strange use of evaluation.
If you what to use Set keep in mind that it has the attribute
HoldFirst. You can only assign a value to a symbol
(or assign lists of values to lists of symbols, or parts of a list to a
I append the working version of definitions for push and pop.
I strongly recommend that you take a brake in Mathematica programming
and spend some winter evenings with the excelent book
"Programming in Mathematica" by Roman Maeder Third Edition.
Hope that helps
Will Self wrote:
> In trying to create my own version of PrependTo, I ran into some strange
> stuff that I don't understand. I am calling my function "push". Please
> look at the session below and explain these mysterious happenings.
> It seems clear that there is more than one symbol e kicking around,
> but I can't make head or tail of it. See also my next message for
> the larger context.
---- snip snap snip snap ---
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: List manipulation question
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: