Re: MyPrependTo

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg15968] Re: MyPrependTo
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 03:26:55 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Will,

the strange stuff is due to your strange use of evaluation.
If you what to use Set[] keep in mind that it has the attribute
HoldFirst[]. You can only  assign a value to a symbol
(or assign lists of values to lists of symbols, or parts of a list to a

I append the working version of definitions for push and pop.

I strongly recommend that you take a brake in Mathematica programming
and spend some winter evenings with the excelent book
"Programming in Mathematica" by Roman Maeder Third Edition.

Hope that helps