telling DSolve to satisfy boundary conditions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16013] telling DSolve to satisfy boundary conditions?
- From: kenton at leland.Stanford.EDU (Kenton K. Yee)
- Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 02:52:04 -0500
- Organization: Graduate School Of Business, Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is it always possible to solve a second order pde on a compact set for any set of boundary conditions? For instance, I am interested in the following pde: v=v[c,f] v,cc + ( R f + c - Q ) v,f - n c v,c - R v = 0 on the region 0 < c 0 < f0 < f with the boundary condition v[c,f0] = 1 (for all c). DSolve finds a couple of nice general solutions for v[c,f] but none of them satisfies v[c,f0] = constant. Any suggestions? kenton at stanford.edu