telling DSolve to satisfy boundary conditions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16013] telling DSolve to satisfy boundary conditions?
- From: kenton at leland.Stanford.EDU (Kenton K. Yee)
- Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 02:52:04 -0500
- Organization: Graduate School Of Business, Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is it always possible to solve a second order pde on
a compact set for any set of boundary conditions?
For instance, I am interested in the following pde:
v,cc + ( R f + c - Q ) v,f - n c v,c - R v = 0
on the region 0 < c
0 < f0 < f
with the boundary condition v[c,f0] = 1 (for all c).
DSolve finds a couple of nice
general solutions for v[c,f] but none of them
satisfies v[c,f0] = constant.
kenton at stanford.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: Strange result of Limit function in Mathematica3.0
Next by Date:
Re: Simple recursive assignment
Previous by thread:
A new general-purpose interactive front end
Next by thread:
Change Rank in Compile