Re: Reset In[ ] & Out[ ]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg16117] Re: Reset In[ ] & Out[ ]
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:25:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dana DeLouis wrote:
> Hello.  I often Insert and delete equations.  Does anyone know of a way to
> reset the In [ ] and Out [ ] numbering system without first closing and then
> reopening the file?  I have had no luck finding this information.  Thank
> you.

Without writing a button program, I am aware of no way of removing the
In/Out CellLabel without opening and closing the Notebook.

However, you can suppress the CellLabel using

	Kernel | Show In/Out Names

or you can use

to reset the In/Out numbers.

The University of Western Australia
Nedlands WA  6907                     mailto:paul at

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player