Installing Mathematica 3 problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15332] Installing Mathematica 3 problem
  • From: wembley2531 at my-dejanews.com
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 04:15:20 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello - sorry if you've read this before - not sure if it got sent...

I've got a problem installing Mathematica 3 on my PC - I'm running Win98
and also have installed Mathcad7 pro (not sure if that's relevant or
not..)

Anyway, after running setup, the program unpacks some files into the
Windows\temp directory, and then crashes with the following error:

MathInstaller has encountered an error. Error Message:
UseDLL(C:\Windows\temp\_ISTMP0.dir\INSTX.dll)

Anyone got any idea as to what is causing this, and how I can fix it.

At first guess it's an incompatability between INSTX.dll (this does
exist) and something else in my PC.

Thanks.