Re: Data fitting with Mathematica 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15435] Re: [mg15423] Data fitting with Mathematica 3.0
  • From: "Darman Putra" <Darman at sg.pepperl-fuchs.com>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:21:41 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hi Sergio,

maybe you can try this function..

Needs["NumericalMath`PolynomialFit`"];
 f = PolynomialFit[werte, 10];

if the resulting funktion f still doesn't go through a certain point,
then you can increase the degree..
 f = PolynomialFit[werte, 12];

best regards,

From:          Sergio Luis dos Santos e Lucato
<lucato at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg15435]       [mg15423] Data fitting with Mathematica 3.0 Organization:
Darmstadt University of Technology

Hi,

Does anyone know how to tell Mathematica 3 that the resulting funktion f
has to go trough a certain point? I can not change my function, since
it is a physical modell. That is the coefficients have to be found the
way, that my conditions are met even if it is not the best fit. I could
not find any options in the manual.

un = Function[{x, n}, (1-x/c)^(n+0.5)]; f = Fit[werte, Table[un[x, n],

Thanks, Sergio

Darman Putra
P+F Email. darman at sg.pepperl-fuchs.com WWW Email. dol2000 at hotmail.com