Bug in Det[ ], once more

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15592] Bug in Det[ ], once more
  • From: David Jedelsky <david.jedelsky at vsb.cz>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:23:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In Mathematica 3.0

Det[{{1,1},{1,1}},Modulus->48611]

gives the result 1 instead of 0.
It probably holds for all Modulus equal to other primes grater or equal
to Prime[4793] and for all matrices with some equal rows.

I need this type of computations and I waste a lot of time on this bug.
I cannot find any help in Wolfram documents.

Is there any patch or other possibility to correct this bug? (
Mod[Det[m],p] is really no help )

Thanks
  David Jedelsky

david.jedelsky at vsb.cz