printing problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15580] printing problems
  • From: ERIC R BITTNER <bittner at UH.EDU>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 04:23:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathgroupies,

I'm having the most frustrating time getting Mathematica to print from
one of SGI computers.  To print a notebook from one of my machines
(call it A), I have to first print w/o inuding Mathematica fonts to a
file, go through by hand an delete a number of lines of garbage, and
print via lp.   If I do this on A, the file comes out of the printer
just fine...On another machine (same model, same OS, everything
installed the same as on A, etc..), if go to print the file (going
through the same procedure as before), all the equations come out as
jibberish.    What's going on?

Thanks in advance,
Eric R. Bittner
Dept. of Chemistry/Univ. of Houston