out of memory reading large(?) file (Q:)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18453] out of memory reading large(?) file (Q:)
- From: "iMic" <schaferk at communique.net>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:36 -0400
- Organization: Verio
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
i am trying to read in a large file (6.3MB) of zeroes (0.0) and ones (1.0).
after giving the kernel 50MB, the kernel reports out of memory. surely this
amount of memory should be enough. the version is Mathematica 3.0 on a PowerMac
6500/225 with 96MB RAM.
i have tried before (on much smaller files), using unformatted binary output
of the file along with ReadBinary, only to find unbearable long read times
what's the current best approach toward getting this data into Mathematica for
i'd like to make an animation from the data.
Prev by Date:
Re: MultiplicativeOrder[k,n] ?
Next by Date:
Re: [Q] 2D graphic routines and data sets in 2D lists
Previous by thread:
Re: Kronecker product of matrices
Next by thread:
Re: out of memory reading large(?) file (Q:)