Simplifying constants

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18489] Simplifying constants
  • From: "Morten G. Dyndgaard" <mgd at>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:08:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am working with some annoyingly long equations that I want to simplify
by including one set of parameters in a constant (or function) A, and
another in B and so on.

You can easily do:

A = b+c+d+e

but what I want to do is the reverse:

b+c+d+e = A

and use this information to reduce the equations. Does anybody know how
to do this?

Morten G. Dyndgaard

E-mail: mgd at