LaTex on a Mac

Just getting started on LaTex.  So I'm writing the Mathematica group that I know.
Maybe someone has a tip on an alternative to Mathematica for an original
language.  That's because Mathematica on my PPC seems too buggy to rely on.  There
may be a tried and tested alternative.  I have OzTex to check  my coded
text.  If I don't get a better idea I will code the text in LaTex myself by
hand, and use Expressionist to code the equations.

Thanks,
Bill Marks