Re: how decrease computation time?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18527] Re: how decrease computation time?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:32:58 -0400
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <37610ED6.C47372B7@diamant.ensg.u-nancy.fr> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi the 1:64 speed ratio of C to Mathematica is quit good, I have seen much slower cases 1:100 to 1:300 it depends ... What did you expect ? Mathematica is a Computer Algebra System (!!!!). Ok version 4 is faster than Mathematica 3.0 but it is still an interpreter that don't use the sophisticated optimization of a true compiler. a) Look if you can use the symbolic power of Mathematica to save some of your NIntegrate calls by analytic integrations b) Look again if You can symbolical simplify your equations c) if you have a C program you should use MathLink and use Mathematica for pre/post processing Hope that helps Jens "Arnold.Blaisonneau" wrote: > > > Hi, I' m a new user of Mathematica and I try to translate C program in > > Mathematica language; > > When I do a calculation with Mathematica it takes too many time > > compared with C program (6.4 second versus 0.1second); > > Please excuse me for the lentgh of my message but I really don't know > > what to do for increase the speed; > > (Note that separately each function doesn't take many) > > If any one could help me.... > > Thanks Snip Snapp Snip Snapp