Q: Character encoding with Display[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18554] Q: Character encoding with Display[]
  • From: Dan Truong <dtruong at irisa.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 02:18:48 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I print special characters like "[]()=E0=E9..."
they appear as "ODHL..." in the PS file.
Is there a way to fix this?

I've tried CharacterEncoding-> "ASCII", "PrintableASCII"
"Adobe..." "Windows... "Apple... ISOLatin1 etc.
with no special change in the output.

I don't know how to add to ghostview special Mathematica fonts,
and in fact, I'd rather not have to do this, because I may have
to give ps to 3rd party people.

How can I have access to a default font printing the most common
characters? I guess ghostview an psrender use fonts with different
character mappings though they have most of the usefull characters
accessible.

When I look in the PS file, the characters like "(" are actually
replaced
by psrender with an ASCII character "H" =

F0 10. scalefont setfont
(Front\351\350\341) show
166.741 235.028 m
F1 10. scalefont setfont
(D) show
178.741 235.028 m
(H) show
^^^
as in here.

I can fix the EPS file by hand by inserting ([) or (\().