Extend the HTMLSave command with CSS !!!

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18612] Extend the HTMLSave command with CSS !!!
  • From: Reinhold Kainhofer <reinhold.kainhofer at>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 01:01:34 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Dear fellow Mathematica users,

I wrote a package CSSSave` that extents the HTMLSave function of
Mathematica 4:
The styles from the StyleSheet will also be translated into a Cascading
StyleSheet (CSS) that is used by the html page and contains all the
colors, borders/frame, spacings etc., so that the HTML FILE now REALLY
LOOKS LIKE THE NOTEBOOK that you wrote in Mathematica.

The CSSSave package is still under development, however, I make a first
time-limited (the package works until Oct 1, 1999) alpha version
available for other Mathematica users at  or

Please comment on it, report all bugs, however small they might seem
etc. To get feedback is the main reason why I make this package
available, so please don't disappoint me ;-)
The HTMLSave function is already a good tool for web publishing, but my
CSSSave extends Mathematica to the almost perfect tool for web

I hope you like it, and have many suggestions, improvements, errors,
comments etc. for me.

Reinhold Kainhofer, Uni Graz, TU Graz, Wolfram Research
reinhold at,