restricting variables in mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18695] restricting variables in mathematica?
- From: Otis Sugarcube <sbw at rice.edu>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:46:10 -0400
- Organization: Rice U
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Please excuse the basic nature of this question, but does anyone out there know how to specify a range that a variable may take on in Mathematica code? For example, I am dealing with equations that include variables that are probabilities, and thus are bounded between 0 and 1. I would like to evaluate whether these equations are positive or negative for all possible values of the variable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please respond to sbw at rice.edu. Thanks.