restricting variables in mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18695] restricting variables in mathematica?
  • From: Otis Sugarcube <sbw at>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:46:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Please excuse the basic nature of this question, but does anyone out
there know how to specify a range that a variable may take on in
Mathematica code?

For example, I am dealing with equations that include variables that are

probabilities, and thus are bounded between 0 and 1.  I would like to
evaluate whether these equations are positive or negative for all
possible values of the variable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please respond to sbw at