Re: Need a means to get arguments of a function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18674] Re: [mg18444] Need a means to get arguments of a function
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:45:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Patrick Reany wrote:

> -----------------------------
> I'm using version 3.0.1 to demonstrate the differentiation of composite
> functions. I need a means to get arguments to user-defined function(s)
> to demonstrate the chain rule.

Among the Mathematica 3.0 demos, there is a "Step-by-Step
Differentiation" example which may do exactly what you want. To go
directly to this example, simple execute the following cell:

   FrontEndExecute[ FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["GettingStarted",
    "Step-by-Step Differentiation"]]

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia