Re: Is there a FAQ? (Clear all)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18741] Re: Is there a FAQ? (Clear all)
  • From: "David Bailey" <dave-bailey at freeuk.com>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Jos Bergervoet wrote in message <7mjv38$fni at smc.vnet.net>...
>I would like to use a command like 'restart' in Mathematica.
>
>But: neither Restart nor Clear["*"] does what I want (it should be
>as if I quit and restart!) Is there a Mathematica FAQ? Or does anyone
>know how to do a quick restart? The help function on my system seems
>to work with CD roms in the background somewhere. I can't wait for
>that long :-)

I assume that what you really want to do is close the kernel (where all the
current values and function definitions are stored) but keep the notebook
open. Go into the kernel menu and press Quit. You will need to confirm that
you really mean it. The next calculation that you do will start a fresh
kernel.

David Bailey
Salford Software
db at salford-software.com