Re: Menu Control

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18700] Re: Menu Control
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

John Mc Carthy wrote:

> Is it possible change the Menu contents while Mathematica is open. I
> know that the file can be changed but Mathematica (it
> seems) must be restarted. There is a command ResetMenuPackets but I
> don't seem to be able to get it to work.

I quote from Chapter 56 of The Beginner's Guide (Gray/Glynn):

Replaces all the menus in the front end with an entirely new set.  The
menus argument should be an expression in the same form as the contents
of, found in

You will almost certainly screw everything up if you try to use this
packet.  Be prepared to use force many times to kill the front end and
start all over again before you get it right.

The University of Western Australia
Nedlands WA  6907                     mailto:paul at

            God IS a weakly left-handed dice player