Slow Mathematica front end
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18854] Slow Mathematica front end
- From: "William B. Marks" <bmarks at helix.nih.gov>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:57:50 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
>Ron Bruck said
I think the problem is more subtle. On my G3 at home 4.0 is fine. However
at work on my 8500 I notice the same problem that Bob does. The Timings are
ok but it takes the Front End several second before it talks to the kernel.
This problem goes away if there is no delay between running several lines
of code. It is as if the kernel goes to sleep. I have not yet succeeded in
>tracking down the problem.
If you turn off the AppleTalk connection this delay goes away.
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Re: implcit plot with undefined expression
Previous by thread:
RE: ? Repeated Patterns ?
Next by thread:
Use MapThread not a For loop