WAVELET PACKET TRANSFORM

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17951] WAVELET PACKET TRANSFORM
  • From: Blimbaum Jerry DLPC <BlimbaumJE at ncsc.navy.mil>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 02:56:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

	I need some help from anyone using The Wavelet Explorer Package.   I
want to analyze images using the Wavelet Packet Transform instead of the
much simpler and really not so useful Wavelet Transform.    What confuses
me, however, is the amount of information that comes out of it and I just
dont know how to deal with it.   For example, if I use the Wavelet Transform
and then do   Dimensions/@wtdata and get an output something like
{{16,32},{3,16,32},{3,32,64},....etc}} I know how to deal with that so that
I can look at each of the individual results.   But when I apply the same to
the WPT and get something like {{2,2,2...} then I'm completely lost.   The
way I eventually want to use the results of the WPT are to either use
THRESHOLDING or to simply set various coefficients to 0.   Can someone tell
me how to deal with the WPT output in some kind of straight forward manner?

	thanks.     Jerry Blimbaum  NSWC  Panama City, Florida