Problems with creating EPS-Files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18055] Problems with creating EPS-Files
  • From: luis8477 at my-deja.com
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:43:18 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue Jun 15 06:22:52 1999
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello everybody.

I created some graphics with Mathematica (3.0). What I want to do then
is to export the graphics into eps-file for later use with LaTeX.
I found 2 ways to realize it:

a) Simple click on the graphic. Right mouse button -> Save selection
as... -> EPS. This works fine, but I find the graphic in the eps-file
not where the bounding box is (or vice versa as you like it).

b) Then I rtfm. And I learned about a command called "Display".
If I use it like this:
gr=Plot[Sin[x],{x,-2,2}]
Display["epsfile.eps",gr,"EPS"]
it works fine. But I have a more complex graphic with axeslabels an a
Plotlabel and also a PlotLegend (actually I'm using "MultipleListPlot").
The moment I try to include text into my graphic the file is often
not saved to disk correctly. Example:
gr=Plot[Sin[x],{x,-\[Pi],\[Pi]},PlotLabel->"sin(x)",
    AxesLabel->{\[Pi],\[Alpha](x)}]
Display["epsfile.eps",gr,"EPS"]

What happens? If I start the windows explorer (I work with NT4) I find a
epsfile.eps with size 0 that can't be removed because it seems to be
used by another program (mathematica I guess). Ok. If I then quit the
kernel the eps-file grows to a certain size, can be removed and also
watched with gsView. The bounding box is ok, but the graphic is not
complete (i.e. it lacks the curve of the function and sometimes also
the text of my labels).

Can anybody tell me why encounter this problems? Or how I can bring the
bounding box of the eps-file to the right place?

thank you in advance
Kriddoff Tatzer.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/