Re: How fast is version 4 on computing and displaying Pi?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18077] Re: How fast is version 4 on computing and displaying Pi?
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:43:34 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue Jun 15 10:51:36 1999
- Organization: Mathematics & Statistics, Univ. of Mass./Amherst
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On my 166MHz Pentium with 64 MB RAM, my by-mouth count gave 15 seconds from hitting Shift Enter until all the digits appeared (essentially simultaneously) on screen. zeno at magicnet.net wrote: > > The web site mentions how fast it can compute and store internally Pi. > How fast is it when computed and displayed on the screen? For example, > displaying Pi to 50,000 places? How many seconds.... -- Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics & Statistics Dept. phone 413 549-1020 (H) Univ. of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W) Amherst, MA 01003-4515