docs on bracket shapes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18118] docs on bracket shapes
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:26:47 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu Jun 17 17:33:27 1999
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathematica ver. 2.x in print documented the various shaped cell
brackets -- the ornaments indicating active/inactive, initialization,
sound, etc.  Mathematica 3.x did not, and a number of users called
attention to that omission.

Unless I am mistaken, the new ver. 4.0, once again, fails to document
the kinds of brackets.  If I am correct, why is this simple matter still
not attended to?

(This is not a matter of idle curiosity.  My students have repeatedly
asked about this over the several years I have been teaching with ver.
3.0 and 3.0.1.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.       phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Univ. of Massachusetts                     413 545-2859 (W)
Amherst, MA 01003-4515