Automatic Indent: How can I change the size?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18226] Automatic Indent: How can I change the size?
  • From: "DongGook Park" <park at isrc.qut.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:24:12 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am just a beginner in using Mathematica. While entering a new line of
Mathematica program codes in the FrontEnd window, the new line is automatically
indented in exactly "two spaces". How can I change the default indent size, for
 example, from "2 space" to "5 spaces"?

I wonder if I might look spending effort to too small things, but I found
that in some downloaded notebook files, the automatic indenting size is
stangely just "one space" even though the system (Mathematica) default is good "two
spaces". Hence, in some codes with structured multiple indents it is quite
difficult to discern the different hierarchy in the codes.

Thanks in advance.
DongGook Park

Example:

... From this: