Re: Canceling square roots with Simplify
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18247] Re: Canceling square roots with Simplify
- From: Bob Stagat <stagat at mrcsb.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:24:26 -0400
- Organization: Deja.com - Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7kpage$49n at smc.vnet.net>, "efarr" <efarr at farr-research.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Try typing in the following in a new session of Mathematica (I'm currently > running ver 3.0 under WinNT). > > Simplify[ Sqrt[b^2]*Sqrt[1/b^2] ] > > It seems like the b's should cancel, and I should get 1. Why don't I? Is > there any workaround? > Try using... PowerExpand[ Sqrt[b^2]*Sqrt[1/b^2] ] BS Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't.