Re: Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18289] Re: Inserting Adobe pdf files in ver. 4 notebooks
  • From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:05:31 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7kp9js$7n$4 at dragonfly.wolfram.com>, Selwyn Hollis <slhollis at earthlink.net> writes:

> PDF? ... You can't even import EPS files created by other applications.
> I'm guessing we have to wait and shell out hundreds of $$  for version 5.0
> to have such luxuries.

The operation that imports EPS files in Mathematica 4 is a translation
of the PostScript file's contents into Mathematica graphics primitives.
The set of all Mathematica graphics does not have a one-to-one mapping
between the  set of possible PostScript language commands.  You should
be able to import two-dimensional line-based drawings fairly easily.
If you're  doing something a little more bizarre, the process may not be
perfect.

If you have specific examples of failures which you find to be unreasonable
you are welcome to send them to our Technical Support department.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.