- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18373] MultiplicativeOrder[k,n] ?
- From: piovere at flash.net (Rob Peterson)
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:13:33 -0400
- Organization: SBC Internet Services
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I am trying to figure out what MultiplicativeOrder[k,n] is. The book says this function gives the smallest integer m such that k^m = (3 lines as if this is a definition) 1 mod n. I understand what Mod[k,n] means but I dont' understand what "1 mod n" means. Could someone please help me - I've found nothing in the math books on the subject. Thanks, Rob