Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16178] Packages
  • From: "Francisco Gutierrez" <rpena at impsat.net.co>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 01:13:19 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Sorry for this query -it must be elementary, but it's a problem that has
really vexed me (without any solution at sight).

I write a package with a very simple structure:
BeginPackage["anything`"]
definition::usage="blablabla";...

Begin["`Private`"]
functions

End[]
Protect[functions]
EndPackage[]

Then, I use SaveAs Special/PackageFormat, and I save in StandardPackages (I
have many packages not created by me in StandardPackages and I can load them
without any problem).   I can't find any error...But when I call anything
(Needs["anything`"], I get the answer "context was not created when Needs
was evaluated.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Francisco Gutierrez