Re: Finite and Continuous Groups

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16173] Re: [mg16075] Finite and Continuous Groups
  • From: Ken Levasseur <Kenneth_Levasseur at uml.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 01:13:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul:

Have you tried the AbstractAlgebra Packages that Al Hibbard and I have
developed?  They only include finite groups at this time, but it might
cover some of what you want.  For more information go to
http://www.central.edu/homepages/hibbarda/EAAM/eaam.html.   We also have
a book (with CD) that describes the packages and contains labs for
student exploration: Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica (http://www.telospub.com/catalog/MATHEMATICA/AAwM.html)

Ken Levasseur
Math Sciences
UMass Lowell