Re: "ExtendGraphics`Contour`"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16290] Re: "ExtendGraphics`Contour`"
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 01:05:29 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

John Stone wrote:

> Has anyone encountered difficulty getting the "ExtendGraphics" package to
> work on a Macintosh (version 3.0 on a Mac running OS 8.5, in my case)? I have
> tried loading the Contour function from the package and get several error
> messages of the type: Delaunay::"fail":  "Installation of the MathLink binary
> delaunay failed.  The binary must be \ found for the functions to work.". I
> have unzipped the entire ExtendGraphics30.zip file from MathSource into the
> AddOns:Applications: folder in the Mathematica folder on my Mac. I don't have
> a clear idea of how MathLink works, what a MathLink file would look like and
> where it should be placed. Any help greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I've had a look at

  http://www.mathsource.com/Content/Enhancements/Graphics/3D/0208-976

It seems to me that the Macintosh executables are not included in either
the .tar or .zip archives -- and I think this is why the unzipped
archive will not run on your Macintosh.

If I unzip ExtendGraphics30.zip I only find the Windows executable:

# unzip ExtendGraphics30.zip
Archive:  ExtendGraphics30.zip
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/CheckPlot3D.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Component.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/ComponentPlot.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/ConstrainedContour.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Contour.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Contour.ma
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/contour.tm
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/CorrelationPlot.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/DataIO.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Delaunay.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Delaunay.ma
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/delaunay.tm
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/EAEdata.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/FieldLines.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Geometry.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Geometry3D.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Geometry3D.ma
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Image.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/image.tm
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Ionization.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Label.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/LabelContour.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Mandbrot.ma
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Mandelbrot.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/mandelbrot.tm
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/mccgood
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/MultipleScatterPlot3D.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/NonConvexTriangulate.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/NormalDisplay.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/package.list
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Plot.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/PointSubstitute3D.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/PolarPlot.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Project.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/README.TXT
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/SimpleHull.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/SmoothGraphics.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Streakdata.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/SuperConductor1.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/SuperConductor2.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/SuperConductor3.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Surface.ma
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/SurfaceGraphics3D.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Ticks.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Transform.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/TriangularInterpolate.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/TypesetClient.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/TypesetServer.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/USVotingData.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/View3D.m
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Mandelbrot.nb
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/delaunay.exe/Windows/Delaunay.exe
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Contour.nb
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Delaunay.nb
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Geometry3D.nb
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/Surface.nb
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/contour.exe/Windows/contour.exe
  inflating: ExtendGraphics/mandelbrot.exe/Windows/Mandelbrot.exe

Perhaps someone at WRI should add

	ExtendGraphics/delaunay.exe/PowerMac/Delaunay.exe
	ExtendGraphics/mandelbrot.exe/PowerMac/Mandelbrot.exe

to the .zip archive and/or add a .sit.hqx version of the archive?

[I've Cc:d this to the author of ExtendGraphics, Tom Wickham-Jones]

Cheers,
	Paul

The University of Western Australia
Nedlands WA  6907                     mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au